Do NOT Sign Up for Google AdWords Hosted Business Pages!
- You can't opt out of the content network (contextual advertising)
- You can't set lower bids for the content network
- You can't exclude low quality content network sites
- You can't run different ads for different products/services
- You can't opt out of the budget optimizer
- You can't create an effective local ad campaign
In order to minimize click fraud, advertisers need to be able to manage search engine advertising separately from contextual advertising. By combining these in the starter edition, Google is exposing new advertisers to a higher risk of click fraud. That's not a good long term strategy for them, particularly as click fraud is a hot topic right now. If, as a first step, the starter edition was modified to NOT include the content network, then I might suggest trying a Google AdWords hosted business page. Right now, avoid them.
Technorati tags: google adwords, hosted business pages, click fraud, small business marketing, search engine advertising, starter edition