Yahoo! Syndication Fraud Class Action
- Placing advertisers' ads into spyware programs.
- Placing advertisers' ads into typosquatting web sites.
- Placing advertisers' ads into "parking" and bulk registration web sites.
- Charging Sponsored Search advertising rates for placements more properly described as Content Match.
- Placing advertisers' "search" ads in random, untargeted placements, including in untargeted banner ads.
Full disclosure: I'm a YHOO stockholder (a meager 610 shares which I've pledged towards this interesting YHOO shareholder action). I also manage Y!SM PPC advertising accounts, so I'd like to see some changes both from a shareholder and a customer vantage point. For anyone else buying keyword ads via Yahoo! Search Marketing, be sure to track your clicks and get refunds for fraudulent traffic.
Tags (byo w/ TagBuildr): yahoo search marketing, ysm, yhoo, ppc advertising, pay per click ads, click fraud, syndication fraud, class action, ben edelman, spyware, typosquatting